Wednesday 2 December 2015

4D Cinema + AR = ????

A quick blog post while the conversation is fresh in my mind!

While getting coffee with my friend Matt he brought up the subject of 4D cinema and how it uses smell and things such as wind or water to make cinema experiences more immersive.

Now what if that was combined with Augmented Reality? The player could be walking around their room and find a nice little flower monster, and the 4D side would then send out the lovely smell of flowers to accompany it. This would make the monster appear more real as the player would actually be able to smell the flowers, thus bringing AR into the real world that little bit more.

I just wanted to get this down before it went out of my brain - I'll research it a bit more once these essays are handed in. ;) Thanks Matt!


No comments:

Post a Comment