Monday 8 February 2016

Friendly Treestumps

Since my last post I've been working on some tree stump designs. They're the first characters that I want to try modelling for my scene so I wanted to spend some time desinging a few different stumps that I could try out.

Here are the sketches that I started off with:


Josh suggested that I try Paint Tool Sai to create these, which I hadn't even considered. :'D Sai feels more like you're actually painting onto a canvas, and this is something that I really want to apply to my work. So rather than working on them in Photoshop, I've taken on the challenge of trying Sai. Here's the first tree stump to go through the process:


I feel happier with the texture that this image gives off, so I'll definitely be sticking to Sai for the other designs too. I'll be getting them finished over the next few days and will post them when I'm done. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment